Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Fighting Codes

Lo, and behold, the fruits of my digital labor!


Okay, so it's not incredible by any measure, but it's something. Before today, I could make a text laden white page of boring crap, and it wasn't in any way impressive. Now, I can build a background in Photoshop, botch it in size, build the text content in HTML and use CSS to setup a page with proper links and consistent visualization of the content. With the page pictured above, I have three pages linked together, and there is less than two pages of HTML and CSS to show for it, all spread across four notepad documents. I'm really digging what CSS can do, and it was always the tool that I had longed to use in my previous attempts at web design and didn't know about.

So after this one day of reading and practicing, I'm getting this stretch of ambition where I will rebuild this blog entirely out of my own content and design, using the on-site HTML editor...and hopefully a CSS style sheet if I can figure out how to employ that. If nothing else I guess I can link it in from somewhere. Anyway.

I have a lot to do from here out if I want to continue using HTML and develop my skills into something. Not to mention, I really would like to do something beyond this. If I can use HTML and CSS, I can learn other languages...except for C.

Okay, back to my notepad pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment