Thursday, May 24, 2012

Ultima 1: Ending the First Age of Darkness

I have finished my first Ultima game, and I had an absolute blast. I can't think of anything like it.

A strange man appears in Sosaria, and is hired by kings to fight monsters and go to random sign posts around the world in exchange for stat points and gems. When the Stranger has all of the gems, they are to buy a space shuttle and fly into space where they shoot down Tie Fighters to become a Space Ace. Becoming a Space Ace convinces a princess to tell you where the King's time machine is, provided the Stranger frees her from prison. Why the Princess is in prison, I don't know. Still, the Stranger travels through time and kills the evil wizard Mondain before destroying the Gem of Immortality.

So, three different types of nerdy stories, with a guest appearance by a balrog...er...I mean, balron!

Okay, so it's a bizarre game, but it's a lot of fun, and I think everyone should give it a try.

This isn't really a review, but I think that there are some people bored enough to read this, and I'd like that...ummm...you go out and pick it up. www.gog.com . You'll also get the second and third games from the series, for just six bucks. Enjoy folks.


No comments:

Post a Comment