Friday, January 6, 2012

More on Final Fantasy XIII

I finally finished it. I put final nail in Orphan's coffin, and it's done...at least the story is. Now I'm obsessed with the missions and side quests. Good job, Square. You kept me in on this one...somehow.

I'm still not incredibly satisfied with the game, but there is something to be said for the fact that I"m nearing 70 hours of total play time, and I'm still burning forward. I plan to finish up before I get XIII-2 at the end of the month.

Considering the nonsensical way that the game works, it's still impressively difficult to get through some of the missions. There is one enemy that takes something like twelve of the same piece of armor, maxed to it's capabilities without moving it up to the next level of armor, to even live through one of the attacks. And that's not even close to the most difficult marks to take on. 12 missions left, and I'll be done with that...then I have to take on getting five stars on everything.

And on that note, let's make a short note on that particular title...

I'm going to try a gameplay blog of that one as time passes...maybe just a twitter feed about my progress or something. That would be nice.

Okay, another short note on this whole thing--I got a strategy guide for Final Fantasy Anthology. It's pretty cool. Yes, I have completed both of the games in the set, but I still wanted the book. It will likely encourage another run through it, just because I'm slightly batty. That and my last run was monumentally better than my first, and I can even take down Kefka before he does anything seriously damaging. Yay for carefully stacked Relics and Weapons.

Perhaps there is something to that whole "Play Final Fantasy VI Again" bit....hmmm

I will consider that for something. Or maybe even the whole series. Which would me acquiring a PS1 copy of Final Fantasy Origins or Dawn of Souls for the GBA, which would match the strategy guide I have for it (thank you again Sandy!).

Anyway, signing off after this rambling bit.


Go away!

No comments:

Post a Comment