Thursday, June 28, 2012

It's Moving Time again.

Not from my house, but from my computer.

Because the lovely Jo has decided it is time, a new laptop will be arriving at my doorstep tomorrow while I serve the Retail Demons in Capitalistic Ritual. The beast in question is a Dell XPS with a 17.3 inch 1080P 3D monitor, a single TB hard drive, 8 GB of ram, a NVidia GeForce 555M 3GB video card, a blu-ray burner, and a lot of other things. I could paste the details, but hey, that's not really worth your reading time. In short, this thing is beautiful. The computer isn't the only piece of the puzzle. A Dell color laser printer/scanner is also in the setup, as well as Adobe Premiere Elements 10, Photoshop CS6 Extended, Dream Weaver, and a Wacom Bamboo tablet.

Needless to say, this is going to be an incredible machine.

But this is just a catalog of things that I need to get done on the new machine so that I can get rolling when it arrives. Software to install, files to move, things of that nature. So, this is, more or less, pointless to read. But if you clicked into this place to give me another blog view with which to fuel my ego that someone gives a crap about what I'm doing with this machine. Anyway, here we go.

Photoshop CS6
Premiere Elements
Dream Weaver
Sketchbook Express
ProTools
Diablo 2 and the GOG Library
MS Office
Focus Writer
A Media Player (Undecided)
Rhythm Rascal
Power Tab

Files:
All manuscripts
D2 save files
A nice dump of my entire music collection onto the HD
I need some source photography for PS experiments...I have an email out about that...

That about wraps it up. If anyone reads this and knows of a stylish and awesome media player that I can use to rip my music and then play it back without mucking up the file names images etc drop a comment. Thanks much three readers. I'll post pics in time. Possibly ones that are awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment