Friday, May 20, 2011

Nintendo 3DS--Yes, I have one now.

This photograph was taken at UNCW, using the AR Cards that came with my beautiful new blue 3DS. Yes, I spent most of my first day with the console playing around with the pack ins. But, honestly, I feel like this was a justified move. Why move on to my games when there are toys packed with the toys, and built into the toys, that just have to be taken advantage of. And this, as always, is one of Nintendo's strongest suits. They have the ability to make the most simplistic of things into a key selling point, as they have done with their augmented reality demo AR Cards and Face Raiders.

But that's not all I have with my sweet new system. With this wonderful graduation gift, I was also gifted Super Street Fighter IV 3D and Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars. I'm going to leave the story short on those--pick em up if you have a 3DS. They are fun, functional, have minimal to impressive amounts of 3D, and have given me plenty of reasons to keep coming back to the console for more. They are performing admirably in keeping my appetite in check until Zelda comes out next month, and Star Fox later on, and Metal Gear Solid 3...and well...you get the point.

So what if there aren't a massive amount of games right out of the gate. I can't really recall any NDS launch titles that were even of this quality, so I'm just excited about the potential of the system right now. There are a few RPG's headed my way, several fighters that I'm actually excited about (but the lack of Soul Cal 3D is heartbreaking), and even that Kid Icarus thing that has been the shining emerald of the rumor mill for years now.

And this isn't even including the upcoming e-store opening in early June. I'm not sure of where I'm going to dig up points by which to jump on some early digital titles, but I'm going to try to. It's hard enough to even pay off my copy of Zelda right now. But the question for me is--do I want the 3D updates of classic games, or to play old hand held titles that completely passed by my five year old radar that ignorantly ignored the majority of games that were not platformers.

Probably both.

Anyway, this entire post has been completely driven by the desire to say something about the 3DS, and say that I'm actually at the party on time for a console for once in my life, thanks to my beautiful girlfriend, and my roommate who is awesome himself, though I can not claim any grounds for his looks. It's disconnected, brain dead, and loopy, and just the kind of thing to expect on hour twenty-two of my day. Perhaps I'll drop another post up here later when I'm on hour thirty, and completely out of my brain.

In other, non 3DS news, we want to bring Z-Trigger back out, but keep having scheduling issues. Sorry folks. Really am. I'm dying to get back on the phone and talk games with everyone.

Also, elephants.

Wait, where are we now?

No comments:

Post a Comment